Career Essentials Internship Program
As a nationally recognized mortgage finance agency, VHDA is dedicated to making homeownership a
reality for Virginians with low and moderate incomes. As a community leader, we’re equally committed to helping develop the business professionals of tomorrow. That commitment is the heart of Career Essentials, our student internship program that can help you start your career.
A Great Way to Make the Most of Your Skills.
Through Career Essentials, we provide college students with an opportunity to gain practical experience as part of their formal degree program.
- Over the course of the internship, students are assigned specific duties and projects with increasing responsibility.
- High-achieving interns may also receive the option to rotate through each of VHDA’s business divisions to observe leadership styles. This option provides additional hands-on experience and insight about the mortgage finance industry in a public service environment.
What’s In It for You?
- Flexible hours.
- Competitive pay: $10 to $15 per hour, depending upon current educational level and prior job-related experience.
- Structured mentor support.
- Professional skills development.
- Option to continue to intern with us through your college years.
- Opportunity to help make a difference.
- Work with professionals in your area of interest and study.
Please note: This program offers no relocation or housing allowance.
You must be an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited institution that offers a degree. Advanced software skills in any major are a plus. Other requirements include:
- Maintain a good standing at an accredited college or university.
- Be able to legally work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time.
- Provide a completed VHDA internship application.
- Provide a current resume.
- Provide a copy of your academic records/official transcript.
Positions fill quickly, so we urge you to apply as soon as possible. We accept applications until positions are filled or until the application deadline.
Please note: Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
NOTE: You will need Adobe’s Acrobat Reader (.pdf), and/or Microsoft Office Software in order to view some of the documents on this page.