Information Collection and Use
- VHDA is the sole owner of the information collected on our sites. We will not sell, share or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
- VHDA does not collect any personally identifiable information without the knowledge and consent of the user.
- To use some element of our websites, a user must first complete a registration form. During registration, a user is required to give his or her contact information, such as name and email address.
- This information is used to contact the user about the services on our site for which he or she has expressed an interest.
- The user may be asked to provide demographic information (such as income level and gender) and unique identifiers (such as social security number.)
- Cookies are automatically generated upon access to our sites. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s local storage (hard drive/RAM) containing information about the user.
- Cookies may be used to store personal information on the user's machine. For example, by setting a cookie on our site, the user would not have to enter a password more than once. This saves the user time while on our site.
- Cookies may also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience while using our site.
- When our sites are accessed, the only information automatically collected is IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track the user’s movement and gather broad demographic information (only for aggregate use).
- IP addresses are not linked to personally-identifiable information.
- We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and other stakeholder groups. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- We use outside companies to provide certain services, such as online access to loan information. These outside companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
- We partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names or other contact information necessary for the third party to provide these services.
- These third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information, except for the purpose of providing these services.
- This website contains links to other sites.
- Please be aware that VHDA is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statement of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
- This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by VHDA websites.
- If a user wants to subscribe to one of our electronic newsletters, we ask for contact information such as name and email address, and store this information on our servers.
From time to time our sites request information from users via surveys.
- Participation in surveys is completely voluntary. The user has the choice of whether or not to disclose information.
- Requested information may include contact information (such as name and mailing address) and demographic information (such as ZIP code and age level).
- Contact information will be used to notify the participants of survey results.
- Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and customer satisfaction of our sites, and to provide statistical data to VHDA and our stakeholders.
- When our websites ask users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card or social security numbers), that information is encrypted and protected with industry-standard secure socket layers (SSL) technology.
- While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers, such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer, becomes locked (as opposed to unlocked or open, when you are just surfing).
- To learn more about SSL, follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257591.
- All of our users have restricted access within our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally-identifiable information.
- VHDA employees are apprised of our security and privacy practices.
- The servers where we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment that requires electronic access.
- If you have any questions about the security of our website, please send an email to email@example.com.
Supplementation of Information
- For VHDA’s websites to properly fill the obligations of our stakeholders, it is necessary for us to supplement the information we receive with information from third-party sources.
- For our websites to enhance their ability to tailor the sites to an individual’s preference, VHDA must combine information about the usage habits of users with similar information from our partners to create a personalized user profile.
- We may send new registered users a welcome email to verify password and username.
- Established registered users occasionally receive information on service updates and other information pertinent to doing business with VHDA.
Site and Service Updates
- VHDA sends the user site and service announcement updates.
- Registered users are not able to unsubscribe from announcements that contain important information about the service.
- We communicate with the user to provide requested services, and in regards to issues relating to VHDA services, via email or phone.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
- If a user’s personally identifiable information is collected, the user may access, correct, update or remove this personal data. To do this, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office.
- Some of our online applications allow the user to modify personal information online.
- If have questions about whether you have access to this information, please email email@example.com.
- Our website users may be given the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our site at the point where we ask for information.
- Users who no longer wish to receive our electronic newsletter or other materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of Changes
- If at any point we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users via email.
- Users will have the choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner.