Contact a VHDA-approved Lender
Your application can be made directly through any lender in VHDA’s statewide network of approved mortgage lenders. These lenders, who are Originating Agents for VHDA, are available to provide you with personal service that includes:
- Providing information on our various loan programs.
- Providing interest rates and closing cost estimates.
- Pre-qualifying you for a loan so you’ll know the price range of homes to shop for.
- Completing all necessary paperwork for your loan approval.
- Coordinating the loan closing with your real estate agent and closing agent.
Find a VHDA-approved lender in your area with our Find a Lender tool. If you can’t find one near you, or if you want to contact us directly, please call 877-VHDA-123. If you live in a remote part of Virginia, click here to see if our Mobile Mortgage Office will be visiting your area.
Get Ready for the Loan Application
Prior to scheduling your loan application appointment, we highly recommend that you take VHDA’s Homebuyer Education Class. This will help to familiarize you with many of the terms being discussed at the application as well as the buying process.
Preparing for the loan application reduces the time it takes to apply and get loan approval.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Copy of current pay stubs to cover most recent 30-day period.
- Copy of W-2 forms for last two years.
- Copies of all bank/investment/retirement account statements for the last two months.
- List of monthly debt obligations and account numbers (credit cards, student loans and instalment accounts).
- Copies of divorce decree/separation agreement/bankruptcy filing (if applicable).
- Photo ID.
- Check for credit report and appraisal fees.