Required Web Browser: Google Chrome is the required web browser. The system upgrade will not operate using other web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
Best Practice: Users must logout of the HDS NextGen Application instead of clicking the "x" to close the Google Chrome web browser.
If you receive the error message "Not an Authorized User" after working in the system,
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen,
- Choose log out
- Close your browser, then
- Log into HDS NextGen
Following these steps should restore the application menu options and the system should be fully functional. If you continue to receive the error message or cannot access menu options in HDS NextGen, contact us at Compliance-AssetManagement@VirginiaHousing.com. Please include your site number, site name, and HDS NextGen in the email subject line.
Electronic Upload Requirements: The XML extension used to electronically submit tenant activity to HDS NextGen must be at version 5.0 or higher. Please confirm with your property management software vendor that your system has the proper version.
HDS NextGen Application Errors: Virginia Housing is working with the vendor to resolve known critical system issues. Updates will be posted to the website and sent via email to all system users. Please sign up for Compliance and Asset Management Updates, and select the "Property Manager" email list.
We are aware of the following critical system issues:
- Missing Income Limits on Tenant Income Certification (TIC): The income limits may not populate on the TIC for non-Tax Credit properties.
- If your site has Tax Credits or Tax Exempt Bonds and the income limits do not populate on your TIC, contact your assigned Compliance Officer for assistance.
- Cannot Save Move-in or Initial Tenant Certifications: External users are unable to save Move-in and Initial Certifications since our last software upgrade on Thursday, February 18, 2021.
- Guidance: Please do not delay occupying units. Use the Best Practice Tenant Income Certification form included in the Tax Credit Compliance Forms and Documents, or other TIC form included in your property management software for all move-in and initial certifications.
- Tenant Income Certification (TIC), Page 2, Part V Income & Rent Eligibility Error: The TIC section V populates the site minimum set-aside instead of the designated income and rent limits.
HDS NextGen Resources
Review the links for HDS NextGen guidance. Updates will be shared via email.
Sign up for Virginia Housing Updates.
Send questions to Compliance-AssetManagement@VirginiaHousing.com. Include your assigned Compliance Officer on the email. Also, include
HDS NextGen and the property name in the email subject line.