VHDA is pleased to announce increased sales price limits for all First-time Homebuyer bond programs. The new limits will help more homebuyers qualify for VHDA financing.
Sales price limits have increased in most areas of the state excluding the Richmond and Hampton Roads areas where limits were increased in September.
The new limits apply to the following programs:
1st Choice - Interest Only
Conventional, FHA, VA and RHS Fixed Rate
Conventional, FHA and VA Step Rate
VHDA will launch a statewide radio advertising campaign beginning February 14 and ending June 25.
The spots creatively -
1. Promote the benefits of:
- VHDA’s 1st Choice - Interest Only product (fixed rate, low payments, and interest only for the first seven years)
- FHA Plus (lenient credit requirements and additional money for closing)
- Homeownership education
2. Encourage consumers to:
- Call VHDA
- Visit VHDA’s website
- Ask their realtor or lender for a VHDA loan
3. Educate consumers of:
- Risks associated with predatory lending
- VHDA’s ability to assist Spanish speaking consumers
- VHDA’s ability to help make homeownership affordable
The ad campaign features 10, 60-second commercials that will rotate through the various station formats: urban contemporary, country, gospel, adult contemporary and classic rock. The target audience is men and women, ages 25 to 49 who are potential first-time homebuyers and are currently renting apartments.
Click here to listen to one of the radio commercials (.mp3 format).
Thank you for your continued support of VHDA's mission of providing affordable homes for Virginians.