What are your rights and responsibilities as a renter? How do you find a place to rent? Whose problem is it if the sink drips? Can you get your security deposit back? Get answers to these and many more questions in VHDA’s free eBook, How to be a Successful Renter.
What You’ll Learn:
- Are You Financially Ready to Rent?
- The Ins & Outs of Credit
- How to Find the Right Place
- Handling the Application Process
- Understanding the Lease Agreement
- Getting Back Your Security Deposit
- Life as a Renter: Rights & Responsibilities
- Housekeeping, Maintenance & Repairs
- The Right Way to Terminate the Lease
Property Managers and Housing Agencies: Please share a link to this page on your website to help educate your renters on the rights and responsibilities of renting. (We encourage you to download the image on this page as well, and use it to help promote this page.)