It’s important to get in touch with VHDA as soon as possible when you start having trouble making house payments. In many cases, contacting us early in the process will make it easer for us to help you to work out a plan to get you back on track, depending on your situation and how far behind you are.
If you’re having financial difficulties and want to be considered for a VHDA Loss Mitigation program, financial information is required.
You may submit your financial information by following these instructions:
1. Download the Borrower’s Financial Package.
2. Complete the forms in the package: Borrower Financial Statement, Request for Transcript of Tax Return and Home Affordable Modification Program Hardship Affidavit.
3. Include this additional information:
- Hardship letter explaining your situation and the reason you are contacting VHDA.
- 30 days of your most recent and consecutive paystubs for each household member.
- Two most recent months' checking and savings bank account statements.
- Verification of any other income received.
- Verification of unemployment, if applicable.
- Last two years' tax returns filed with schedules.
Note: Please do not provide original documents as they will not be returned.
4. Sign the forms where indicated.
5. Send to:
VHDA – Attn: Loss Mitigation Department
P.O. Box 4627
Richmond, VA 23220
Once we receive your financial package, it will be reviewed. If information is missing you will be contacted by mail.
If you have any questions about any of the forms, or about our loss mitigation process, please contact Loss Mitigation at 888-756-8603.