Contact a VHDA-approved Lender
Your application can be made directly through any lender in VHDA’s statewide network of approved mortgage lenders. These lenders, who are Originating Agents for VHDA, are available to provide you with personal service that includes:
- Providing information on our various loan programs.
- Pre-qualifying you for a loan so you’ll know the approximate price range of homes to shop for.
- Completing all necessary paperwork for your loan approval.
- Coordinating the loan closing with your real estate agent and closing agent.
If you can’t locate a VHDA-approved lender in your area using our Find a Lender search feature, or if you want to contact us directly, please call 877-VHDA-123.
Get Ready for the Loan Application
Being prepared for the loan application reduces the time it takes to go from loan application to loan approval. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Copy of current pay stub(s) - 30 days.
- Copies of all bank account statements - current two months.
- Copies of previous three years of federal income tax returns.
- List of monthly debt obligations and account numbers (credit cards, student loans and installment accounts).
- Check for credit report and appraisal fees.
- Copies of divorce/separation agreement (if applicable).