Improving Life, One Family at a Time!
Together, we make the difference: landlords, tenants, VHDA and more than 37 Housing Choice Voucher agency partners throughout Virginia.
Property Owners and Landlords – Unsung Community Heroes
Last year, more than 4,000 landlords and owners participated in the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Thanks to them, homes were provided for approximately 9,400 Virginia who otherwise wouldn’t have been able to afford a safe place to live.
This is not a program to create “the projects.” This is a program that enables families to get on their feet, to perhaps break the cycle of homelessness, or to simply provide a better living arrangement.
What’s In It for Landlords?
- Families to help you fill vacant rental properties.
- A guarantee of up to 70 percent of monthly rent.
- Retention of all of your privileges of ownership and the right to manage your property just as you would for any other tenant.
What’s In It for Your Community?
In addition to helping provide a roof over their heads, the Housing Choice Voucher Program helps low-income families hold their heads high. When you help a family with this achievement, your entire community benefits. Through your participation in this program:
- Quality standards are maintained.
- Safe environments are fostered.
- Adaptation into communities is made more feasible.